An Efficient Blind Digital Signature Protocol Based on Elliptic Curve
Keywords: Digital Signature; ECC; DLP; IFP; BDS
ABSTRACT: Blind Signature is an addendum of Digital Signature. It is a two party protocol in which a requester sends a message to a signer to get the signature without revealing the contents of the message to the signer. The signer puts the signature using his/her private keys and the generated signature can be verified by anyone using signers public keys. Blind signature has a major property called as untraceability or unlinkability i.e after the generation of the signature the signer cannot link the message-signature pair. This is known as blindness property. We have proposed blind signature scheme and its variation based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) in which major emphasis is given on the untraceability property. We have cryptanalyzed Carmenisch et al.s blind signature scheme and Lee et al.s blind signature scheme and proposed an improvement over it. It is found that, the proposed scheme has less computational complexity and they can withstand active attacks.
1. D. Chaum. Blind signatures for untraceable payments, volume 82, pages 199 203. Plenum Publishing, 1983.
2. J. X. Zhao H. Q.Wang and L. J. Zhang. Blind signature scheme based on elga-mal signature equation. Nanjing Uni-versity of Posts and Telecommunication, 25(4):6569, 2005.
3. B.A.Farouzan. Cryptography & Network Security. Tata McGraw-Hill Pub-lishing Company Limited, Inc.,New York, 2007.
4. E. Mohammed, A.E. Emarah, and K. El-Shennawy. A blind signature scheme based on elgamal signature. In EURO-COMM 2000. Information Systems for Enhanced Public Safety and Security. IEEE/AFCEA, pages 51 53, 2000.
5. S.Mohanty and B.Majhi. A secure multi authority electronic voting protocol based on blind signature. In Proceedings of the 2010 International Confer-ence on Advances in Computer Engineering, pages 271273. IEEE Computer Society, 2010.
6. S.Wang, F.Hong, and G.Cui. Secure eﬃcient proxy blind sig-nature schemes based dlp. In Proceedings of the Seventh IEEE International Conference on E-Commerce Technology, pages 452455. IEEE Computer Society, 2005.
7. G.Qadah and R.Taha. Electronic voting systems: Require-ments, design, and implementation. Computer Standards In-terfaces, 29(3):376386, 2009.
8. D.Chaum. Blind signature system. In CRYPTO, page 153, 1983.
9. C.C.Lee, M.S.Hwang , and W.P.Yang. A new blind signature based on the discrete logarithm problem for untraceability. Applied Mathematics and Computation, 164(3):837841, 2008.
10. H.F.Huang and C.C.Chang. An untraceable electronic cash system using fair blind signatures. E-Business Engineering, IEEE International Conference on, 0:3946, 2006.
11. K.Chen W.Qiu and D.Gu. A new oﬄine privacy protecting e-cash system with revokable anonymity. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Information Security, pages 177190. Springer-Verlag, 2008.
12. J.M.Piveteau J.Camenisch and M.Stadler. An eﬃcient fair payment system. In ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pages 88 94, 1996.
13. Y.Tsiounis Y.Frankel and M.Yung. Indirect Discourse Proofs.
14. Jan Camenisch, Ueli Maurer, and Markus Stadler. Digital payment systems with passive anonymity-revoking trustees. J. Comput. Secur., 5(1):6989, 1997.
15. Weidong and Qiu. Converting normal dlp-based signatures into blind. Applied Mathematics and Computation, 170(1):657665, 2009.
16. Masayuki Abe and Tatsuaki Okamoto. Provably secure par-tially blind signa-tures, 2000.
17. D. Chaum, M. Jakobsson, R. L. Rivest, P. Y. A. Ryan, J. Be-naloh, M. Kuty-lowski, and Ben Adida. Towards trustworthy elections, new directions in electronic voting. In Towards Trustworthy Elections, volume 6000 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer, 2010.
18. D.Alessio and M.Joye. A simple construction for public-key encryption with revocable anonymity. In Proceedings of the ninth ACM workshop on Digital rights management, pages 1116. ACM, 2010.
19. M.Michels P.Hoster and H.Petersen. Comment:cryptanalysis of blind signa-tures bades on discrete logarithm problem. Electronic Letters, 31(21):1827, 1995.
20. R.Wendolsky S.Kopsell and H.Federrath. Revocable ano-nymity. In In Gnter Mller (Ed.): ETRICS 2006, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 208 222. Springer Verlag, 2006.
21. L.Harn. Cryptanalysis of blind signatures bades on discrete logarithm prob-lem. Electronic Letters, 31(14):11361137, 1995.
22. Ernie Brickell, Peter Gemmell, and David Kravitz. Trustee-based tracing extensions to anonymous cash and the making of anonymous change. In In Proceedings of the Sixth Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algo-rithms, pages 457466, 1995.
23. D. Chaum and T. P. Pedersen. Wallet databases with ob-servers. In Ernest F. Brickell, editor, Advances in Cryptology - CRYPTO 92, 12th Annual Interna-tional Cryptology Conference, Santa Barbara, California, USA, August 16-20, 1992, Proceedings, volume 740 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 89105. Springer, 1992.
24. J.M Piveteau J.Camenisch and M. Stadler. Blind signatures based on the discrete logarithm problem. In Advances in Cryptology - EUROCRYPT '94, pages 428432, 1994.
25. T.Wu and J.R Wang. Comment: A new blind signature based on the discrete logarithm problem for untraceability. Applied Mathematics and Computation, 170(1):9991005, 2009.
26. C.I Wang C.I Fan, D. J. Guan and D.R.Lin. Cryptanalysis of lee-hwang-yang blind signature scheme. Computer Standards & Interfaces, 31(2):319320, 2009.
27. A.N.Oo and N.L.Thein. DLP based proxy blind signature scheme with Low-Computation. Networked Computing and Advanced Information Manage-ment, International Conference on, 0:285288, 2009.
28. X.F.Chen S.L Liu and F.G Zhang. Forgeability of wang-tang-lis id-based restrictive partially blind signature scheme. J. Comput. Sci. Technol., 23(2):265269, 2010.
29. S.Brands. Untraceable oﬀ-line cash in wallets with observers. In Advances in Cryptology - CRYPTO'93, pages 302318. Springer-Verlag, 1993.
30. B. Yu and C. Xu. Security analysis on a blind signature scheme based on elgamal signature equation. In Proceedings of the 2007 International Confer-ence on Computational Intelligence and Security Workshops, pages 741744. IEEE Computer Society, 2007.
31. J.Camenisch and T. Gro. Eﬃcient attributes for anonymous credentials ex-tended version. IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, 2010:496, 2010.
32. D. Chaum, R. L. Rivest, B. Preneel, A. D. Rubin, D. G. Saari, and P. L. Vora. Guest editorial: special issue on electronic voting. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Se-curity, 4(4):593596, 2009.
33. I.C.Lin, M.S.Hwang , and C.C.Chang. Security enhancement for anonymous secure e-voting over a network. Comput. Stand. Interfaces, 25(2):131139, 2003.
34. X.Hu and S.Huang. An eﬃcient id-based restrictive partially blind sig-nature scheme. In Proceedings of the Eighth ACIS International Confer-ence on Software Engineering, Arti cial Intelligence, Networking, and Par-allel/Distributed Computing - Volume 03, pages 205209. IEEE Computer Society, 2010.